IT IS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN FOR THE SECOND EDITION OF RADIO DUBLINO’S ITALIAN FUSION FESTIVAL WHICH WILL BE STAGED ON THE 8TH OF JULY 2018.
Where Ireland meets Italy
The Italian Fusion Festival returns this summer! Save the date and prepare for one of the most exciting event of the Summer 2018! A Beautiful & Italian Event of Music, Food, Arts, Visual Art, Dance & Design in Dublin.
The Italian Fusion Festival is an artistic and cultural event taking place at The Grand Social, Dublin, on the 8th of July 2018, from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. The event organized by Radio Dublino, Ireland’s only Italian-language radio programme, it aims to provide a platform for cultural conversations between Irish and Italian people in Dublin for a day of alternative fusion sounds, Italian food and visual art!
Spoil yourself to the notes of jazz, blues, trad, folk and rock music, enjoy artisan food and traditional Italian and Irish dances and musical instruments during the festival that celebrates the encounter between the Irish and Italian music and culture.
To complement the event a short video competition and Italian artisan food will be available to delight the palate of music enthusiasts in an informal setting.
Last but not least, a number of Vespas, the iconic Italian scooter, will be on display in front of The Grand Social, for the joy of all of the connoisseurs.
• 4:00 PM Pointbreak (Surf Rock)
• 5:00 PM Water’s Edge (Folk Rock)
• 6:00 PM Headtrip Acoustic Project (Acoustic Metal)
• 7:00 PM Francesco Turrisi Trio (Jazz)
• 8:00 PM Order of the Mess (Alternative Rock)
• 9:00 PM The Stoles (Rock)
• 3:30 PM Workshop Irish Trad Dance with Alan McGreek
• 4:30 PM Workshop The secret of Italian gestures with Elena Cristofanon
• 5:30 PM Workshop Uilleann Pipe with Donnacha Dwyer
• 6:30 PM Workshop Pizzica Traditional Dance from the South of Italy with Eliana Valentina
• 7:30 PM Andrea Facco (Italian folk music)
• 8:30 PM Sean Whelan (Irish folk music) More info CLICK HERE
About the organiser
Radio Dublino is a weekly Italian radio magazine broadcasted since 2013 every Wednesday on Near FM 90.3, a not for profit cooperative run by volunteers who manage their programmes autonomously and independently.
The programme addresses the Italian community in Dublin, the Irish speakers of Italian and all residents in Dublin interested in Italian culture, Italian music and Italian language. More info on www.radiodublino.com
€5 – €20 (https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/italian-fusion-festival-2018-tickets-44937896458)
Web: www.italianfusionfestival.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 089 434 2899 (Valentina)
The Grand Social, 35 Liffey Street Lower, Dublin, Republic of Ireland